Free School Meals and Clothing Vouchers
Free school meals and clothing vouchers may be available for your child(ren) if you are receiving one of the following qualifying benefits:
- Income Support (IS);
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA);
- An income-related Employment and Support Allowance;
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999;
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs) that as of April 2012 does not exceed £ 16,190. Note: From 1st May 2009 where you are entitled to Working Tax Credit during the four-week period immediately after your employment ceases, or after you start to work less than 16 hours per week, your children are entitled to Free School Meals, this may be extended.
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit;
- Universal Credit
Please note: If you are in receipt of working tax credits you may not be eligible for free school meals or clothing grants.
If your child does have free school meals they will also be eligible for free milk.
See Cumbria County Council link below for more information and details of how to apply online. Please call in at the office if you need any help with this.